Platform Sales Manager
At Flock we’re on a mission to reinvent insurance from the ground up. We use cutting edge technology to price and mitigate risks, and having soared to dominance in the UK drone industry we’ve now set our sights on enhancing risk management across multiple sectors. Insurers around the world are looking to license our technology platform and join in our mission to make the world a smarter, safer place.
We’re on the hunt for insurtech’s most dynamic Platform Sales Manager to help us rapidly scale our platform offering, land our largest partners, and take us global by selling licensing deals directly to a range of multinational insurers.
As Flock’s Platform Sales Manager you will sell solutions utilising Flock’s proprietary technology Platform. The Flock Platform empowers insurance companies to launch digitally native products and fully automate the underwriting process. The core of the platform is the data-driven Risk Intelligence Engine, powered by internal and external data sources, which augments the underwriting performance of existing books of business and facilitates growth into new markets.
You have entrepreneurial flair and are self-directed with a passion to succeed by thinking and doing things differently.
You’re innovative and tenacious and feel comfortable speaking about both insurance and technology. You are brilliant at building and maintaining relationships with key accounts, and have the ambition to shape the next frontier of insurance. You have raw horsepower and will do what it takes to get deals over the line: a closer through-and-through.
You will be instrumental to our Platform Team, but will also liaise with our highly experienced Product team, Growth team, Insurance team, and CEO to establish Flock as the market leader in providing risk intelligence to the global insurance industry.
You will report directly to our CEO (Ed Leon Klinger) and will work closely with our Platform Lead (John Rowlands). You will ultimately be responsible for hitting ambitious sales quotas and landing the world’s largest insurance companies as clients. If you have outstanding knowledge of insurance, brilliant communication skills, and proven solution-selling experience in the B2B arena, we would love to meet you.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Building and leveraging a strong network of potential clients to identify, cultivate and close opportunities
- Identifying and prospecting new accounts to generate a viable pipeline of license revenue opportunities
- Navigating large organisations to identify key stakeholders, and ensure deals progress at an ambitious pace
- Generating license revenue by selling Flock’s Digital Platform to the global insurance industry, both directly to clients, and through other channels you’ll define
- Working closely with our Platform and Product teams to test and iterate our SaaS pricing models and sales strategies
- Understanding and identifying customer needs, and working closely with Flock’s Product team to define the future product roadmap
- Lead pricing conversations and negotiations with clients, and repeatedly close Platform sales
- Managing post-sale client relationships to maximise product extension sales to existing customers
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in “solutions selling” to Insurance clients - tailoring an existing SaaS product to specific client use-cases
- Demonstrable track record of over-achieving sales targets and proven experience in closing complex deals
- You are both creative and fearless when structuring deals, with enviable negotiation skills
- Excellent communications skills, at home talking with both our internal product/technology teams and with the leadership teams of our largest clients
The ‘wow’ factor
- Experience working at every stage of the sales cycle, from prospecting new business to closing and managing large clients
- A deeply analytical and metrics-driven mindset, with an ability to provide accurate pipeline forecasting
- Experience within organisations in different stages of evolution. Specifically;
- building scalable processes at the early stages of an organisation’s development
- managing sales in scaled environments
- designing and implementing sales strategies for new products in new markets
- Competitive salary
- Options: we want you to own the work that you do. And this means owning the company you work in. All employees receive options as part of their compensation package
- Pension: we offer a full auto-enrollment workplace pension for all employees who want it. Nothing fancy here. Just a pension
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays: we offer 33 days of holiday per annum, including bank holidays
- Flexible working location/working from home: We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great Flock team member
- Centrally located office next to the culinary delights of Leather Lane food market, in a dedicated, brand-new office spread across two floors. Dedicated bike storage, shower facilities and rooftop terrace.
- We’re an active team; if you enjoy a bit of activity we encourage joining us for our weekly run-club along the river Thames or our five-a-side football team!
Learning & Development
- Generous books, courses and conference budgets for all employees
- Hackathons: we run a quarterly hackathon which lasts 24 hours. Everyone’s invited to join in
- Weekly knowledge-sharing brown bag sessions: learn from your colleagues (or teach us something new!)
- Extensive opportunities for personal mentoring from our dedicated advisory boards and investor community
- A brand spanking new Macbook (and accessories)
- An abundance of socials: fancy lunches, weekly quizzes, Friday drinks, pub crawls, video-games nights, Museum Lates and more!
- Quarterly offsite adventures: every quarter the entire team do something crazy together. Like fly a plane to the coast!
- Commuting help: we’re part of the cycle-to-work scheme
- Sports and social clubs
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day