Business Intelligence Analyst
At Flock we’re having our very own ‘rocketship’ moment, growing faster than we ever imagined. With thousands of customers comes hundreds of thousands of data points - and that’s where you come in. We’re on the lookout for a smart, nimble Business Intelligence Analyst to work across the entire company, injecting data and analytics into every decision we make.
We’re reinventing drone insurance from the ground up, using real-time data to insure drone flights on a per-flight basis. Data is at the heart of everything we do at Flock. From the way we price our hour-long policies, to the building of our new features and products, to our strategic roadmap and geographical expansion, we rely on business intelligence and data-driven insights. As our Business Intelligence Analyst you will ensure we remain several steps ahead of the competition, providing the entire Flock team with access to the right data and insights, at the right time.
You will work closely with our product, growth and business development teams to extract insights from product and market data.
You will help us understand how our wide range of marketing initiatives are performing, analyse customer data and conversion rates, and identify market expansion opportunities to support our rapid expansion strategy. You will analyse data using a combination of in-house and third-party analytics tools, generating powerful visualisations and game-changing business insights.
- Respond quickly to the data and insight needs of our Product, Growth, Sales and Business Development teams.
- Create tools and dashboards that allow Flock employees to answer common questions, ‘self-service’ style.
- Work closely with our Data Scientists to define additional requirements for our data architecture.
- Visualise data in a novel and creative way, displaying and presenting valuable insights to the team.
- Identify issues and trends early, and build creative solutions with the Product, Growth, Sales teams to course-correct in real time.
- Report directly to the management team on the health of the business in a variety of contexts.
The tools you will be using include some or all of the below.
- SQL-based BI platforms such as Metabase and Mode.
- Analytics platforms, such as Amplitude, Appsflyer, Google Analytics.
- Third party APIs and datasets.
- You have knowledge of a programming language, ideally SQL.
- You have experience dealing with data in a variety of contexts.
- You have an understanding of how to convert complicated datasets into easy-to-read charts and graphics.
- You can quickly analyse complex datasets to extract insights and present them to your peers.
- You have a strong business / commercial mindset.
- You have prior exposure to data-driven marketing.
- You have experience with A/B testing.
- You are a great communicator, and you feel comfortable interacting with both technology teams and sales teams.
- Apply on this page. Please explain (briefly) why you’re interested in this position and why you believe you’re the right person for this job. It’d be great if you could provide examples of your past work and achievements.
- We will schedule you in for an initial 20 minute phone conversation with Courtenay (Data Scientist).
- We will ask you to do a short exercise that consists of analysing a small dataset, and answering a few commercial questions. You will be able to demonstrate your data-querying and visualisation skills.
- In the final stage you will be invited for an on-site interview where you will present your exercise answers to various members of the team, including Courtenay (Data Scientist), Antton (Founder), and Ed (CEO). You will also have the opportunity to meet the rest of the team in a very casual setting for a friendly chat.
- A competitive salary
- Stock Options: we want you to own the work that you do. And this means owning the company you work in. All employees receive stock options as part of their compensation package.
- Pension: we offer a full auto-enrollment workplace pension for all employees who want it. Nothing fancy here. Just a pension.
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays: we offer 33 days of holiday per annum, including bank holidays.
- Relaxed working hours / working from home: we don’t have fixed working hours, some of our team start at 8am, others at 10am. We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great Flock team member.
Learning & Development
- Books, courses and conference budgets for all employees
- Hackathons: we run a quarterly hackathon which lasts 24 hours. Everyone’s invited to join in.
- Breakfast club: learn from your colleagues (or teach us something new!)
- Friday fancy lunches: every Friday the entire Flock teams heads for lunch together. We call it ‘fancy lunch’. But sometimes it’s just at a pub.
- Quarterly offsite adventures: every quarter the entire team do something crazy together. Like fly a plane to the coast.
- Unlimited coffee and tea every day