Technical Recruiter (Part-time)
Fantastic opportunity for an energetic freelance recruitment professional at one of London’s most exciting Insurtech startups. We are looking for an exceptional person to help us grow our tech and product team quickly. You will curate and maintain our candidate pipeline and candidate experience, from sourcing through to final hire. You will work with software engineers, data scientists, product managers and UI/UX professionals, all while leading on the hiring process end-to-end.
You will be jumping into a fun, results-driven and autonomous environment, with a unique culture of collaboration, openness and continuous learning. Here at Flock we aim to be an equal opportunity employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
- Experienced, with 3+ years as a Technical Recruiter working on a recruiting team at a rapidly growing organization
- You have prior experience at building relationships with passive candidates
- Proven research and sourcing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of keeping a high hiring bar and providing advice to both candidates and hiring managers
- Experience using an ATS (Workable preferred)
- You are available to work 2-3 days a week from our office in Chancery Lane
- Proven track record managing multiple candidate pipelines and building a high output internal pipeline
- Proven track record of rapidly scaling hiring pipelines as business needs shift
- Proven track record of screening candidates in a highly technical space while maintaining a high-quality bar
- Hire a world-class team of software engineers, data scientists, product managers, and UI/UX specialists
- In collaboration with the hiring manager of each role, define the requirements for each post, and write high-quality job specs
- Own the interview process end-to-end, and empower hiring managers to make adequate decisions quickly
- Develop creative recruiting/sourcing strategies and proactively build a robust pipeline of candidates for critical and repeat roles. This may include active and passive candidate sourcing using a wide variety of tools, cold calling, and Internet-based sourcing
The ‘wow’ factor
If you have any of these, you are a cut above the rest. If not, we look forward to teaching you!
- BA/BSc or above in Human Resources related field
- Strong track record of sourcing diverse candidates
- Prior experience with our technical stack(NodeJS, React, Postgres, Haskell) and agile processes
- An understanding of technology and an ability to map between requirements and candidates where the fit appears indirect
- Apply on this page. Please explain (briefly) why you’re interested in this position and why you believe you’re the right person for this job
- We will schedule you in for an initial 20-minute phone conversation with Abe (Tech Lead)
- We will invite you for an interview with Abe (Tech Lead), Antton (Founder) and Ed (CEO) where you’ll present your exercise. You will also have the chance to ask us any questions you may have and talk about the role in more detail
- Meet the entire team in a very casual setting for a friendly chat!
- An abundance of socials: fancy lunches, weekly quizzes, Friday drinks, pub crawls, video-games nights, Museum Lates and more!
- Quarterly offsite adventures: every quarter the entire team do something crazy together. Like fly a plane to the coast!
- Commuting help: we’re part of the cycle-to-work scheme
- Sports and social clubs
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day