Enterprise Insurance Broker
At Flock we’re reinventing insurance from the ground up, and growing faster than we ever imagined. A year ago we launched Flock Cover, a risk management and insurance app for the rapidly expanding drone industry. We recently launched Flock Enterprise, the world’s first scalable, risk-based insurance product for global drone fleets. We’ve landed some of the world’s largest clients as beach-head enterprise customers, and now we’re on the hunt for London’s hottest Enterprise Insurance Broker, who will help to rapidly scale our book of business in the UK (and beyond).
As Flock’s Enterprise Insurance Broker you will lead on Flock’s enterprise sales, working closely with our insurance partners and selling our data-driven insurance products to the world’s largest drone enterprises.
The ideal candidate is a tenacious and innovative salesperson, feels at home speaking about both insurance and technology, is brilliant at building and maintaining relationships with key accounts, and has the ambition to take a world-first product truly global. You will work closely with our highly experienced Product team, Growth team, Insurance team and CEO to establish Flock as the de-facto global leader in the drone insurance industry.
You will report directly to the CEO and will ultimately be responsible for hitting ambitious sales quotas and landing the world’s largest clients. If you have outstanding knowledge of insurance, brilliant communication skills, and a knack for sales, we would love to meet you.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands Flock’s enterprise customer base and ensures our strong presence in the market
- Establish and build relationships with drone enterprises in the UK (and abroad)
- Give presentations and product demos to both insurers and key clients
- Close consultative insurance sales, helping our clients to understand the full value of Flock's drone risk intelligence platform
- Continuously build relationships and work closely with our growing number of insurance carriers, to ensure we have relevant coverage in place for major clients
- Constantly identify customer needs and wants, working closely with our Product team to innovate new solutions
- Follow rapidly evolving market trends, continuously brushing up on your knowledge of cutting-edge products and services (in the drone & insurtech spaces)
- Proven experience as a successful insurance broker, underwriter, or insurance account executive, with the ability to confidently sell insurance products both in the UK and abroad
- A strong understanding of the insurance value chain
- An understanding of insurance policies wordings with the ability to modify and draft as required
- Experience negotiating coverages and prices with insurance capacity partners
- Finance skills, such as the ability to prepare and present sales forecasts
- Solid understanding of basic statistics and technology, and comfortable talking through mathematical concepts and pricing strategies
- Strong negotiation skills, with an enthusiastic problem-solving attitude and a strong sense of ownership
- Availability to travel as required
Bonus points (not required!)
- Hands on experience with CRM software and Account management systems
- Previous work experience in/a keen interest in the drone industry
- UK Driving licence and CII qualification
- Experience working in a rapid-growth startup
- A competitive salary and a performance-based bonus
- Stock Options: we want you to own the work that you do. And this means owning the company you work in. All employees receive stock options as part of their compensation package.
- Pension: we provide a full auto-enrollment workplace pension for all employees.
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays: we offer 33 days of holiday per annum, including bank holidays.
- Dynamic working hours / working from home; some of our team start at 8am, others at 10am. We expect you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great Flock team member.
- Centrally located office next to the culinary delights of Leather Lane food market, in a dedicated, brand-new office. Dedicated bike storage and shower facilities.
- We prefer open-plan working, but have a dedicated meeting room for visitors (or whenever you need a quiet time to make a call).
- We’re an active team; if you a bit of activity at lunchtime we encourage joining us for our weekly run-club along the river Thames!
Learning & Development
- Books, courses and conference budgets for all employees
- Hackathons: we run a quarterly hackathon which lasts 24 hours. Everyone’s invited to join in.
- Breakfast club: learn from your colleagues (or teach us something new!)
- Extensive opportunity for personal mentoring from our advisory boards and investor community
- Regular team lunches and activities: every other Friday the entire Flock teams heads for lunch together. We call it ‘fancy lunch’. But sometimes it’s just at a pub.
- Quarterly offsite adventures: every quarter the entire team do something crazy together. Like, fly a plane to the coast.
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fruit every day
- Apply on this page. Submit your CV alongside a short Cover Letter explaining (briefly) why you’re interested in this position and why you believe you’re the right person for this job. Please provide examples of your past work and achievements and how they are relevant here.
- A 20-minute phone call with Ed (our CEO) to talk through your application
- We will ask you to do a take-home exercise that consists of putting together a mini-presentation for a potential enterprise customer. During the exercise you will be able to demonstrate your ability to creatively sell Flock’s market-leading solution, identify client problems, and pitch to key clients.
- You will be invited for an on-site interview where you will deliver your presentation to various members of the team, including Ed (CEO, whom you will report to directly) and John (Insurance Lead). You will then have the opportunity to ask any questions, explore the role more deeply, and meet the rest of the team in a friendly setting.