Marketing Lead - B2B
Fantastic opportunity for an energetic marketing leader at one of London’s most exciting Insurtech startups. Our business is in a high growth phase and we need an exceptional person to help us achieve ambitious strategic business goals across our expanding B2B & B2C product suite. You will sit within the leadership team, creating strategic marketing plans and leading the marketing function on the delivery of tactical communications for new and established products. You will report directly into the company founder, and be a trusted collaborator and leader to cross-functional peers including strategic project managers, product, data, sales, and tech teams.
You will be jumping into a fun, results-driven and autonomous environment, with a unique culture of collaboration, openness and continuous learning. Here at Flock we aim to be an equal opportunity employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
- 6+ years of marketing experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a senior role
- Significant B2B knowledge, with experience marketing to large enterprises (ideally financial services organisations)
- Marketing experience in technology or Enterprise SaaS preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop impactful marketing strategies for new and established products
- Previous experience managing and building a marketing team
- Proven track record of delivering successful marketing campaigns across above and below the line marketing channels, with a focus on digital, events and PR
- Proven experience building sales tools, including white papers, that drive leads and enable sales teams to achieve higher conversion rates
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to drive employees or external resources to create highly effective and engaging content
- High commercial awareness, with a track record of making data-driven decisions
- Play a key role in our short and long-term growth strategy, including the development of marketing and PR strategies, and leading a team to implement tactical B2B & B2C campaigns to drive company sales and revenue targets
- Develop the brand strategy and assets to differentiate us within the global market
- Create new value propositions, positioning, messaging, and promotional strategies for new and established products
- Become the subject matter expert for each of the identified product end users, understanding their buying criteria, pain points and motivations
- Build out a core set of content across the sales funnel that helps the sales teams articulate the value proposition and exceed conversion targets, including case studies, customer testimonials, whitepapers, videos and other materials to drive lead generation
- Set and report against commercial targets to the leadership team
The ‘wow’ factor
If you have any of these, you are a cut above the rest. If not, we look forward to teaching you!
- Previous B2C experience
- Marketing experience in a highly regulated sector
- Marketing experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products
- Experience working at an early-stage startup
- Advanced knowledge of CRM and email tools
- Working knowledge of analytics tools
- Previous experience developing an internal communications program
- Experience with public speaking (e.g. speaking on stages at conferences)
- BA or BS in marketing, business or related field
- Apply on this page. Please explain (briefly) why you’re interested in this position and why you believe you’re the right person for this job
- We will schedule you in for an initial 30 minute phone conversation with our Marketing Lead
- We will give you a small exercise, which will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your marketing knowledge and thought process
- We will invite you for an interview with our Marketing Lead and Founder where you’ll present your exercise. You’ll then meet with the CEO for a company values alignment interview. You will also have the chance to ask us any questions you may have and talk about the role in more detail.
- Meet the entire team in a very casual setting for a friendly chat!
- Competitive salary
- Options: we want you to own the work that you do. And this means owning the company you work in. All employees receive options as part of their compensation package.
- Pension: we offer a full auto-enrollment workplace pension for all employees who want it. Nothing fancy here. Just a pension.
- A brand spanking new Macbook Pro
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays: we offer 33 days of holiday per annum, including bank holidays.
- Flexible working location/working from home: We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great Flock team member.
Learning & Development
- Books, courses and conference budgets for all employees
- Hackathons: we run a quarterly hackathon which lasts 24 hours. Everyone’s invited to join in.
- Breakfast club: learn from your colleagues (or teach us something new!)
- Friday fancy lunches, where the entire Flock teams heads for lunch together. We call it ‘fancy lunch’. But sometimes it’s just at a pub.
- Quarterly offsite adventures: every quarter the entire team do something crazy together. Like fly a plane to the coast.
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day