Digital Marketing Manager
Fantastic opportunity at one of London’s most exciting Insurtech startups. We are looking for a digital marketing specialist to help us acquire, engage, and retain customers across our expanding B2C & B2B product suite. Reporting to the Marketing Lead, you will be a key member of the marketing team responsible for planning, implementing and optimising our digital and content marketing activity for new and existing products.
You will be jumping into a fun, results-driven and dynamic environment, with a unique culture of collaboration, openness and continuous learning. Here at Flock, we aim to be an equal opportunity employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven startup environment, and possess the following:
- Knowledge of digital and mobile marketing, web and app analytics, and conversion optimisation
- A minimum of 3 years of experience executing paid digital marketing campaigns across PPC, digital display, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Understanding of email best practice and experience in setting up and managing trigger-based and behavioural email, in-app and push campaigns
- Previous use of a CMS to manage, develop and optimise websites and landing pages
- Strong technical understanding of the Google Analytics platform
- Track record of making data-driven decisions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing highly effective and engaging content that resonates with the target audience
- Superior time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload
- GDPR knowledge
- Marketing experience in a highly regulated industry (insurance or financial services preferred)
- Digital campaign management: Day-to-day management of paid search advertising, social media, and email campaigns. Execute compliant marketing campaigns end-to-end with limited supervision. Monitor spend against budget.
- Content development: Develop a solid understanding of the industry, competitors and target audiences, and use this knowledge to create engaging written and visual content.
- Website management: Evaluate website traffic, landing page quality, content, and design. Test changes and optimise based on learnings to drive increased conversion.
- Reporting: Weekly monitoring of website analytics and campaigns against key metrics. Identify insights and work with the Marketing Lead to evolve acquisition, engagement and churn strategies.
- Analysis and optimisation: Make data-driven decisions to drive performance and conversion improvements across all marketing channels. Implement a continuous improvement framework.
- Digital industry knowledge: Track industry trends and best practices for ad creation and targeting, digital ad platforms, measurement and attribution.
The ‘wow’ factor
If you have any of these, you are a cut above the rest. If not, we look forward to teaching you!
- Advanced knowledge of CRM and email tools (eg. Mailchimp, Intercom, Hubspot and Intercom)
- Experience building sales tools, including whitepapers, that drive leads and enable sales teams to achieve higher conversion rates
- PR experience, including the creation of press releases
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools (eg. Metabase, Amplitude)
- Hands-on usage of graphic design tools (eg. Illustrator, Sketch etc)
- BA or BS in marketing, business or related field
- Apply on this page. Please explain (briefly) why you’re interested in this position and why you believe you’re the right person for this job.
- We will schedule you in for an initial 30 minute phone conversation
- We will give you a small exercise, which will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your marketing knowledge and thought process.
- We will invite you for an onsite interview where you’ll present your exercise. You will also have the chance to ask us any questions you may have and talk about the role in more detail.
- Meet the entire team in a very casual setting for a friendly chat!
- Competitive salary
- Options: we want you to own the work that you do. And this means owning the company you work in. All employees receive options as part of their compensation package
- Pension: we offer a full auto-enrollment workplace pension for all employees who want it. Nothing fancy here. Just a pension
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays: we offer 33 days of holiday per annum, including bank holidays
- Flexible working location/working from home: We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great Flock team member
- Centrally located office next to the culinary delights of Leather Lane food market, in a dedicated, brand-new office spread across two floors. Dedicated bike storage, shower facilities and rooftop terrace.
- We’re an active team; if you enjoy a bit of activity we encourage joining us for our weekly run-club along the river Thames or our five-a-side football team!
Learning & Development
- Generous books, courses and conference budgets for all employees
- Hackathons: we run a quarterly hackathon which lasts 24 hours. Everyone’s invited to join in
- Weekly knowledge-sharing brown bag sessions: learn from your colleagues (or teach us something new!)
- Extensive opportunities for personal mentoring from our dedicated advisory boards and investor community
- A brand spanking new Macbook (and accessories)
- An abundance of socials: fancy lunches, weekly quizzes, Friday drinks, pub crawls, video-games nights, Museum Lates and more!
- Quarterly offsite adventures: every quarter the entire team do something crazy together. Like fly a plane to the coast!
- Commuting help: we’re part of the cycle-to-work scheme
- Sports and social clubs
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day